Friday, November 22, 2013

Just wanted to say it is nice to meet you . . .

Welcome to Just Teach! I am honored that you are visiting my blog. I am a first grade teacher and I truly believe that I have the best job in the world. For the past 4 years or so I have caught myself driving to school with a big smile on my face. I get to teach and learn from such wonderful kids in a school where the staff and families are supportive, innovative, and encouraging.
Originally from Annapolis, Maryland, I moved to Kansas City about 10ish years ago. You could call me a Midwest girl but I think I will always take a sailboat and crab cakes over float trips and BBQ. I have a supportive, handsome, and witty husband and together we have 2 bubbly kiddos who are best buds (for now . . .). One of our favorite family activities is to make up songs when regular speech will do. Singing just makes things more interesting and you can often hear our children singing their songs to each other in their play room. It makes my heart happy to hear them.
I grew up in a loving family where education was highly valued, educators revered, and learning was a gift to be nurtured. My beliefs and values in the classroom parallel those in my life.

          Just Listen:     Listen at all times, even when no one is talking.
          Just Laugh:    Smile and have fun!
          Just Learn:     Teach with your whole heart.
I am excited that you are joining me on this journey as I listen, laugh, and learn my way through life. Please check back often for ramblings, ideas, laughs, and lots of freebies! It is so nice to meet you!

0 Notes to Mrs. Teddy:

Post a Comment