Monday, January 6, 2014

Just So Whimsical and Magical

I want to start this post by stating that I am in no way affiliated with Sarah Jane Studios nor do I even know Sarah. I am just an admirer of her artwork and her blog and think you should be too!
******
I came across this wonderful website when I was looking for creative childhood prints for Maeve and Gibson's bedrooms. I think I found her on the website, Houzz, (oh my goodness . . . you could lose yourself in this website!). . . seriously, grab a latte and a comfy blankie . . . tell everyone you will see them in a few hours . . . and take a look at all of the beautiful photographs on Houzz. You can thank me later. :)

Back to Sarah Jane Studios . . . Her illustrations are whimsical and magical. They evoke imagination and happiness. 

She also is generous and offers different freebies on her blog such as art
printables, paper dolls, lunch box notes, etc. Below are a few of her freebies. Click on the picture or caption to take you to the PDF.
Sarah Jane Studios  
Sarah Jane Studios
Sarah Jane Studios
She wrote a post that really struck a chord with me back in December. She created 6 PDF holiday cards to help a family in need. You can read their story at her blog. She decided she would donate 100% of the proceeds to help this family. What a kind and generous heart! Her post really made me think about the true meaning of the holiday season.

My favorite is the one with Clara holding the nutcracker. Maeve has been truly mesmerized by ballet in the past 6 months and fell in love with "The Nutcracker" this holiday season. 
winter cards1
We didn't take her to see the ballet (she is only 4 but we will definitely take her next year) but watched 2 different versions of the movie. Santa brought her this book which includes the story book, 3 different stages, and at least 40 different paper dolls. It is AWESOME! 
Santa also brought Maeve the book, Ella Bella Ballerina and the Nutcracker, by James Mayhew. She cannot read it enough. It has beautiful illustrations and tells the story of "The Nutcracker." 

But I digress . . . as I was saying . . . Sarah Jane created these truly fabulous holiday cards and is kind enough to help a family in need. I adore everything she creates and like her even more now that I know what a generous person she is!

I  LOVE the print of Clara and I CANNOT wait to put it in Maeve's bedroom at Christmastime. :)

0 Notes to Mrs. Teddy:

Post a Comment