Monday, March 3, 2014

It's just a word work freebie . . .

I am thankful for a snow day today! I stayed up late watching the Oscars (which I thought were wonderful!) and then went to bed wondering how John Travolta translated Idina Menzel's name to Adele Dazeem (thanks to my cousin, John for the translation!). It flustered me at the beginning of her song and I wasn't the one singing . . . I'm a huge fan of hers and love everything she has been a part of. I remember seeing her in "Rent" in 1996 when it first came to New York. 

In honor of my 5th Snow Day (I capitalize it because it has earned holiday status in my house) I am putting up a Word Work freebie in my TPT shop


I am lucky enough to have 2 large whiteboards in my room. I divide one of them into 4 sections so that 4 children can be there at a time. I also have a class set of individual white boards. 

I included two different sizes in the freebie. I prefer the smaller one. I can print the task cards, laminate them, and keep them together using a loose-leaf ring clip. It helps with organization and allows the students to choose their activity. My children LOVE these activities and I hope yours do too!


Is anyone else ready for Spring weather? I've enjoyed our snow days but am excited for pedicures, sandals, and outdoor recess!

4 comments:

  1. That's a lot of snow days. Today is our first snow day...well, it's really just ice. We don't get snow much. However, I'm ready for warm days. It should be 70 by Friday and I'm looking forward to that.
    Stephanie from Principal Principles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily our district builds in some days (use them or lose them) so we are fortunate that our school year doesn't normally get extended. It is just so cold here. I can't wait to be outside and not be freezing!

      Delete
  2. I am SO ready for spring weather! I'm teaching in Korea, and we've had NO snow days. :(
    Angela
    Southern Fried Teachin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No snow days! That is a crime. Sending warm weather wished your way :)

      Delete