Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Just Me Currently

I am linking up with Farley over at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for her December Currently.


My parents got Maeve this wonderful doll house for her 4th birthday in November. She has already played with it for countless hours and the imagination that girl has astounds me. Plus, she makes up the funniest songs while she is immersed in her play. It is such a cool doll house.
Mr. T is normally in charge of pancake making in our house.  He uses Bisquick and I always think they taste just delicious. Well, tonight he was at work . . . we had NO food (including Bisquick) . . . the munchkins were hungry . . . and it was dinner time . . . time get creative. I googled homemade and "homemade pancakes" immediately popped up. It was destiny! 

I used this recipe and it was delightful. 
(Yes,  I know homemade pancakes is not a new thing but for my family it was a first.)

Have you guys seen any pictures of Instagram Walls on Pinterest? I thought it would be a great idea to do this and be able to switch out the pictures whenever I wanted. I purchased 5 x 5 black frames from Michael's and ordered the prints from Nations Photo Lab.  I will let you know how it turns out!

This has been my inspiration.
Kevin Hail
I NEED a haircut . . . as in I have not had a haircut since before school started. That means beginning of AUGUST. Yikes! Talk about splitendsville. It is on my To-Do list over winter break.

Every year since I was little my parents have taken a picture of my sisters and I on our steps on Christmas morning (before we see what Santa brought us). I am sure we are not the only ones who used to do this. We would wear our Christmas PJs that we opened the night before (in our individualized wrapping paper so we could find our piles the next morning). It is a perfectly normally tradition.

However, WE STILL DO THIS
AND we don't fit on one step anymore.
AND our husbands have joined in.
AND now our kids are in the picture. 
AND WE ALL STILL HAVE MATCHING/COORDINATING PAJAMAS!

I couldn't find any pictures of this tradition (so my sisters and Mr. T are spared . . . for now) but I know my mom has an arsenal of these at her house. I need to go rummaging when we visit later this month.

Just think . . . in a little under 2 weeks I get to wear matching PJs with my family and squeeze on the steps for a fabulous photo op! I better start watching what I eat. I guess that means no more homemade pancakes.

0 Notes to Mrs. Teddy:

Post a Comment